Raw Banana Bars
These are our version of our friend Emily Sundberg’s original recipe for a raw bar. Emily’s are also delish and going to appear on the blog soon. So, stay tuned. In the meantime, try this scaled down version and let us know what you think!
- 2 C gluten free oats blended into a flour or 2 C GF oat flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 C raw nut butter ( we used almond butter but we imagine most nut butters would
- 2 over ripe bananas mashed well
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1/3 C chia seeds soaked in 1/2 C coconut or almond milk
- 1/3 C raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 C raw sesame seeds
- Dash sea salt
In the food processor, combine all ingredients until a dough ball forms. Spread into an unlined 8″ square pan. Let harden in the fridge overnight and cut into bars.