French Onion Chicken Noodle Soup
Try this as soon as you have a few hours at home in the kitchen and you will be so pleased with the outcome. One of the best soups for the winter!
- 1 container good quality chicken stock
- 1/3 Onion diced very small
- 3 Carrots, diced very small
- 3 Stalks Celery, diced very small
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced
- The meat from one store roasted chicken breast
- 1 diced white potato (or one can diced potato)
- 1/2 bag wide noodles
- Garlic powder to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Olive oil-to coat the stock pot
- 1 loaf quality French bread (sliced thick)
- 1 C Shredded Gruyere cheese
In a preheated stock pot saute’ the onion, pepper, celery, potato, carrot in a little olive oil until lightly cooked (approx 10 min) Add the broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and cover. Let simmer 30 minutes. Add the chicken, noodles, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil and then simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
Ladle the soup into small crocks and top with the bread and cheese. Place under broiler in oven until cheese is bubbly and golden. Let cool slightly and enjoy!